Mental Health First Aid Standard (Virtual) Terms and Conditions
Facilitator: Alison Butler
1. No refunds on Mental Health First Aid course registration once payment has been processed.
2. A class registration may be switched or transferred to another person if the access code for Module 1 has not been used or redeemed.
3. With a minimum of 2 weeks notice, course participants may switch to another available virtual/online course taught by Alison Butler Consulting in the event they are unable to attend their scheduled dates.
4. Registered participants who provide less than 2 weeks notice for a change, or who are a "no show" for live training may reschedule to another course but will be changed a $50 rebooking/administration fee.
Terms and Conditions of Virtual Course Registration
By registering for this training course, you accept and agree to abide by the following Terms and Conditions:
• You acknowledge that the Mental Health Commission of Canada (“MHCC”) owns or licenses the intellectual property rights for the content of its training courses. You agree not to copy, distribute, modify, create derivate works from, or otherwise exploit any of the content unless you have express written permission from MHCC to do so.
• You must be at least 18 years of age to register for and attend a training course.
• Information covered in the training course relates to the topic of mental health and suicide and may be sensitive for some users. If you have been recently bereaved by suicide or feel that now is not the right time for you to complete this training course, consider your well-being before registering for or attending a session.
• The training courses are for individual use only. The training course is not to be displayed in a classroom or group setting and you must not record any part of the training course.
• To attend the training course, you must have access to a working camera, microphone and speakers or earphones during each session.
• You agree to keep anything that is shared by participants during the training course strictly confidential. Screenshots or pictures of the material or participants may not be taken during the course.
• You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Alison Butler and the Mental Health Commission of Canada (MHCC) against all claims or liability asserted against Alison Butler and MHCC arising out of or in connection with any breach by you of any of these Terms and Conditions.
• By providing your email address to register for this course, you expressly consent to receive emails from the facilitator Alison Butler ; however, you may unsubscribe from this service at any time by replying to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alison Butler may use email to communicate with you, to send information that you have requested or to send information about other courses, products or services.
• You agree that the information provided by you during registration is accurate and current. You must keep your access credentials private and confidential. You are solely responsible for any use and misuse of your Opening Minds Learning account, and you must promptly notify MHCC of any known or suspected unauthorized use of your account. You must not use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person when creating an account or accessing a training course.